With the Application model, you distribute the deployment to device collections and user collections.
- Select the application you want to deploy from: \Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Applications\
- Click Deploy in the navigation bar to start the Configuration Manager distribution process.
- Start the collection you want to use:
- User collection signed in to client machines
- Online devices in the selected device collection
- Select a point where to distribute the application, unless you've already distributed it.
- Choose whether you want to make the application available for users to install or to automatically push and install it on the clients.
- Available. You can require that users obtain administrator approval before installing the product. A notification will appear in the Software Center, where the administrator must approve the installation.
- Required. If you also select Pre-deploy software to the user's primary device, the application is installed on the client designated as the user's primary device.
- (Optional) Select when the application will be available.
- Specify which messages the Configuration Manager displays on the client.
- Determine whether to notify the System Center Operations manager when a product is installed or fails.
- Review the Summary page before committing the deployment.
- Click Next to deploy.